[f_minor] Concerto BMV 1061 / Katia and Marielle Labècque, harpsichords

Pat pzumst at bluewin.ch
Fri Sep 12 15:26:36 MDT 2014

I just tried to listen to John McLaughlin and came to the conclusion that you people must have had some fantastic drugs back those many harvest moons ago.  Otherwise I cannot fina any reason for the popularity of Fusion Jazz.....

And because not much is going on here I thought I give you all Die Kunst der Fuge conducted by Maestro Jordi Savall, one of the most underrated musicians of the last few decades: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDkJK7mWitI. Math, beauty, structure, form, yet improvisation is possible.

All those complaints, mostly made by purists regarding Mr. Goulds’ trickstery in the studio have often baffled me. In rock and pop music from ca. 1966 onwards oberdubs became commonplace, yet when Mr Gould would open his box of tricks people were ghafawing and ranting.  Isn’t the final result the most important thing and not how you managed to achieve what you had in mind ?

Mary will prolly give me a hard time for this, but at least in this case Mr. Gould was ahead of his pianist colleagues...