[f_minor] GG Canadian person of national historic significance

Anita Monroe rubatoatm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 08:54:34 MDT 2014

Hi Tony,

I agree.  I actually saw GG perform in the Fall of 1959 in my college.  I
found out later that he had been very displeased with the audience. It was
Southern girls' school, and most of the girls had never heard of him.  They
were just excited by what a good-looking fellow he was, and there was
a certain amount of girlish giggling, just like fans of the Beetles.  I had
the records that he had made by then, so after the concert my dorm room
became very
popular, girls wanting to hear "that cute guy playing the piano"..

At one point I came close to introducing myself and asking him out for a
burger, but was much too shy to say anything.  We could have talked about
Bach...I was not a giggler..(-:

Anita