[f_minor] CD318 and the Chickering

Anita Monroe rubatoatm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 13:27:10 MST 2014

Hello,

I guess the well-being of GG's instruments is still of interest to people
who like his music, and it might be of greater interest to musicians of the
future.
At one time there was a museum in Weimar that contained several pianos that
belonged to Liszt.  They are still of interest to those who revere his
history and contributions to the art of the piano.  Keeping those pianos in
good condition is another matter.  I was once offered a Pleyel that
supposedly had been touched by Chopin.  It was falling apart. termite
ridden.  It would have taken all my meager salary to repair it, so I had to
turn down the offer.
I still wish that I had been able to keep it.

Best,
Anita Thompson Monroe
RubatoATM at gmail.com