[f_minor] "Dear Leonardo"

Anita Monroe rubatoatm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 18:49:59 MDT 2013

Mary,

This was just a delight.  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing it.
 Of course, I watched his Young People's Concerts when I was growing up,
but had never seen anything so deeply interesting about his approach to
music and conducting.

Leonard Bernstein was a friend of Yehuda Guttman, my piano teacher in Key
West.  He had visited Yehuda in the late 1980's, not long before his death.
 I remember Yehuda telling me how sick his friend was and how worried he
was about him.  I seem to recall that he died of emphesema.
It was surprising how often he was seen smoking in the film since by the
80's the dangers involved were well known.

Hope you are well and that your cats are ok too.

Best,
Anita