[f_minor] "Dear Leonardo"

maryellen jensen maryellenjensen28 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 5 16:57:10 MDT 2013

Well, well, compared to Nuncle Pat's Big News this must look like small peas indeed but I must insist anyway; a terrific documentary, not too hagiographic, in fact compared with the Gould films no hagiography here at all. Enjoy the precious few moments with the inimitable Lukas Foss and his huge smile and his memory of Madame Vengerova's cat:

"Teachers and Teaching", Leonardo Bernstein

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cjEHWjOBEg

Why Bernstein etc here? Because these were people who Gould worked with, learned from and was compelled by - in spite of all the sui generis nonsense around here.
I first saw this documentary years ago on Western Europe's "Mezzo" tv channel but have until now been unable to find it on youtube so get it while it's hot (and it is hot here) because it may be pulled down right after I send it to F Minor. Thanks for all the "third party complaints" from whoever you are here.  G.A.F.L.

Mary Jensen