[f_minor] Take Five

James Wright James_Wright at carleton.ca
Wed Dec 5 14:32:43 MST 2012

A strikes me as bit ironic that you opened your note with "Nil nisi bono de mortuis," Bill (essentially "do not speak ill of the dead," I gather).  Brubeck certainly had his share of critics throughout his career.  But he's a musician and a human being, after all, and I think we might let him rest in peace today.

James K. Wright, Ph.D.
Associate Professor &
Supervisor of Performance Studies
School for Studies in Art & Culture: Music
A817 Loeb Building, Carleton University
1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5B6
Email: James_Wright at carleton.ca<mailto:James_Wright at carleton.ca>