[f_minor] I wonder what happened to...

Brett Allen-Bayes brettab at ihug.com.au
Mon Sep 17 17:25:33 MDT 2012

Thanks Stephanie,

I've ordered the edition from a company in the UK who say they have it in
stock. Mind you Amazon (US) has a release date of October 31 listed. I did
email them after not receiving the set upon initial release and was told it
was on back order. Now according to Amazon; it's being released late next
month. I guess I'll keep both orders open for the moment. Thanks for the
advice, Stephanie! Let's hope the Schwarzkopf sessions and orchestral disc
(Scriabin and Sibelius) are released. Mind you, I'm amazed at how soon after
Dame Elisabeth's death SONY has chosen to release this material. I have a
letter from Gould's producer for the sessions (Paul Myers) somewhere who
explained that it was the notoriously bullying Legge (EMI producer and
Schwarzkopf's husband) who terminated the sessions. "The guy's barking mad"
though, Strauss himself was often known to ad lib when accompanying singers
in his lieder. I'll have to find the letter (dating from the early 90s) and
share it.

Many thanks,

Brett

  _____