[f_minor] Glenn Gould plays Bach, re-releases etc

Pat pzumst at bluewin.ch
Sat Jul 14 03:59:51 PDT 2012

Dear all

Over the next few weeks Sony Classical will re-release some GG recordings with new packaging – and there is even one item that, at least to my knowledge, is new to DVD.

To my knowledge some of the Montsagenon films were never released on VHS in Europe due to rights reasons, but now that has changed because Sony Classical Germany has this:
http://klassik.sonymusic.de/Glenn-Gould/Gould-Plays-Bach-Dvd/P/2646630

I do believe Mr Jörgen Lundmark has mentioned this before, but now it is an actual fact. For reasons of being a lazy sod I am going to concentrate on Amazon sites, please check your prefered online music store. Amazon.com and .ca do not list these DVDs yet. What they do list however is this box set:
http://www.amazon.de/Glenn-Gould-Bach-38-Dvd/dp/B0086WQNZ0/ref=sr_1_24?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1342261853&sr=1-24

I assume that the DVD box will be sold seperately, albeit not being listed everywhere yet.

Sony will also re-release some major recordings by GG in August and September. The cover design will be similar to the recent CBC DVD release. An example can be seen here:
http://www.amazon.de/Two-Part-Inventions-Collection-Vol-2-Gould/dp/B0085MK2C6/ref=sr_1_17?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1342262070&sr=1-17
(Please note the word Collection here....)

Form most of us this will be an old hat, but if you are new to all things GG then this might be interesting, expecially the Bach box set.

No word as of yet if Sony or the CBD will have a look in the infamous ice box. Most surprisingly therre are no new books announced untill now. Who knows what surprises the year might still bring ?

Pat

Bach and Fractals, Goldberg Variations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YL0d-rJPNs&list=PL9498490917D391DD&index=1&feature=plpp_video