[f_minor] [f minor]: Good news!

jorgen.lundmark at mypost.se jorgen.lundmark at mypost.se
Fri May 18 04:26:46 PDT 2012

Hello Mary,

Thanks for the information about the Mozart-program. As I've been told,
the problem with all these PBS-programs is that they want more money than
Sony is prepared to pay. That is why "The Well-Tempered Listener" and
perhaps also the Bernstein/Gould Bach Dminor (first mvt. only I believe)
haven't been released in their entirety.

I wish the Foundation would do their job and not concentrate on the prize.
What is a lot of media attention worth if it has very little to do with
GG.

Anyway, this past year has been very kind to us fans, so why grumble... :-)

Regards,
Jorgen

> Thanks for the "Good News" Jorgen; now if someone could just coax The
Paley Center for Media/PBL (or whoever) to release "How Mozart Became A
Bad Composer". I'd love it to be given to "Internet Archive" - and after
all why not?
> http://www.paleycenter.org/press-release-2008-rediscovering-glenn-gould
Mary
>> Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 16:50:18 +0200
>> From: jorgen.lundmark at mypost.se
>> To: f_minor at glenngould.org
>> Subject: [f_minor] [f minor]: Good news!
>> Hello all,
>> A new DVD-release is upcoming (in Sweden it will be out in the
beginning
>> of July). The title "Glenn Gould Plays Bach" (88691975049) raised my
hopes and now I have confirmation that it contains all three late Bach
films with Bruno Monsaingeon! I don't know if there are any extras, for
example outtakes from the Goldberg film. Here's the information: "This
3 DVD set contains the following material:
>> The Question of Instruments (1979), a CBC-Clasart co-production. About
Bach's abstract to non-instrumental approach to composition, and
performances from the Art of the Fugue, the Chromatic Fantasy, and of
the complete D major Partita.
>> An Art of the Fugue (1980), a CBC-Clasart co-production. Contains
discussions and performances of fugues from the Well-Tempered Clavier,
the later use of the fugue by other composers, and performances of
fugues 2, 4 and 15 from The Art of the Fugue.