[f_minor] Glenn Gould and Dystonia

Anita Monroe rubatoatm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 11:43:11 PDT 2012

Hi Katherine,

This is the pianist's nightmare.  My teacher warned me about it - too much
practicing without doing warm up exercises, not enough rest breaks, etc.  I
try to be careful, but sometimes after a few days away from the keyboard, I
have caused little injuries.  Mr. Guttman's advice was to STOP immediately
and rest the hand and don't play for at least three days if there has been
any pain. Then, do cautious exercises and gradually increase playing time.

Regards,
Anita