[f_minor] Oh for the love of Busoni

Anita Monroe rubatoatm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 22:05:02 EDT 2011

Mary,  I had just learned to "reply all", but now that choice has
disappeared from Gmail.  Hope it returns.

Today I read an account of another pianist who had his piano destroyed.
 Right after 9/11 the Customs people in New York were extremely cautious
about anything that they considered a threat.  Along came a piano belonging
to a pianist named Zimerman whose instrument smelled suspicious.  They
completely destroyed it trying to see if it contained any explosives.  You
can imagine the frustration and extreme anger. Zimerman said that he would
not return to this country, maybe never, but certainly not as long as Bush
was President.

My friend David sent me the Liszt Concertos 1&2  by that pianist.  He's an
excellent player, but I just can't develop a taste for Liszt's music.

Regards to All,

Anita