[f_minor] Being Kind and Kevin Bazzana

maryellen jensen maryellenjensen28 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 20:26:03 EDT 2011

Hejsan Jorgen,

Thank you and K. Bazzana for answering. I hope that other people on this site are interested in these
questions/subjects but who knows? It's terrific to have Kevin Bazzana, lazy and sullen as he may be, clarify a few things.

I myself have been suffering a post barbecue/Sancerre hangover. If I offended anyone earlier I apologize sincerely.

It was never my intention to imply "wrongdoings" on the part of Ray Roberts. I was simply struck by the image of
perishable materials being kept in a private residence as opposed to an Archive: the heart wants what the heart wants but
some of that needs to be kept far away from central heating and in an environment of controlled humidity/temperature which
only a proper Archive offers. Items being "held back" makes no sense in this context: it seems that irreplacable tapes may be disintegrating
tragically for no other reason than misplaced sentimentality and 'pudeur'. I just don't understand.

Kevin Bazzana: "Wondrous Strange" isn't a bad title considering that "Pale Fire" was already taken:
"The moon's an arrant thief, / And her pale fire she snatches from the sun" (Act IV, scene 3), Timon of Athens.
"Wondrous Strange Snow" would never have 'worked' but I loved the entire verslet presented on its own page
en face de "Contents". It worked for me. If Gould wasn't "hot ice" then I really am confused...

Again to Kevin Bazzana via Jorgen: thanks for the clarification as to Joseph Stephens. Anyone who has read the
Friedrich and Ostwald biographies must be just a little surprised by your statement. Whatever. No matter.
What the late Joe Stephens did for the late Agi Jambor was worth the telling, even without those Toccatas, even
without Gould.

Mary