[f_minor] Kitty Gvozdeva???

Pat pzumst at bluewin.ch
Mon Mar 14 13:02:50 EDT 2011

G’day all, Neil

I suspect that Prof. Wright has checked the available resources (bios etc). Otherwise he would not have asked this mailing list for help and advice. No offence ment, mate. Also, Prof. Wright has read the same bios as you and me, therefore his question in assistance is quite a fair one.

hmm Kitty is short for Katja or Katarina (Jekatarina ? Jekaterina ?) and her last name is spelled in a peculiar americanized phonetic way (like. i.e. Ghorbachev). No wonder Dr. Google will not help here. Talk about semantics !

I reckon what Prof. Wright has in mind is that maybe there is a chance some f_minor reader is in St. Petersburg or Moscow and can check if they ever had a student or prof with this name who could also check published articles and other publications.

Since GG’s visit to Soviet Russia was a sort of mini-Beatlemania I would not be surprised if the people who met and saw him left written accounts within the USSR that have never been seen in the west.