[f_minor] It's Banowetz Piano Quarterly

RubatoM at aol.com RubatoM at aol.com
Tue Aug 3 16:18:47 EDT 2010

Many thanks.   The article arrived with no problem downloading.

The author mentioned Alexis Weissenberg, a pianist whose work I deeply
admire.   I wouldn't be surprised if you listen to him too.

The technical aspects of GG's playing - the tone, rhythm, singing line,
other voices, the precise and spare pedaling - all of these things are very
complicated.   What amazes me about GG is how young he was when he had mastered
all these complexities.

It's almost unbelievable to me how much music he absorbed in his short
life.   Other pianists, even skilled, professional ones, need long spells of
time to master a sonata or an etude.

Anita