[f_minor] Fw:  Gould Meets Haydn / Streisand

RubatoM at aol.com RubatoM at aol.com
Tue Jul 20 15:00:25 EDT 2010

Fred,

Ok, I can't spell late at night when I've had a few glasses of scotch;
however, the name is Arnaldo Cohen.   He's is
 Brazilian, and of Russian ancestry.   He plays piano and violin and won
first prize in the 1972 Busoni International Piano Competition. in Italy.   He
is a prominent figure in the European music world, evidently not known in
Canada.

His primary focus in piano music has been Brahms.   Less central to his
output is Schumann, and both are beautifully played.

Regards,
Anita