[f_minor] Gould and Rachmaninoff

michael macelletti mmacelletti at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 13 21:20:09 EDT 2010

yes, granted.  and we all know he would never even think of doing the 3 rd
concerto , which seems to envision a "  calvary to the rescue "  scene  after an
overly- extended syrupy morass of emotionalism.   this is obvious.   BUT,   the
question remains , what fascinated him about the rhapsody  to the point that he
came close to playing it ?    and he WAS tempted.