[f_minor] (no subject)

Anne French afrench6 at cox.net
Thu Jul 8 12:20:25 EDT 2010

I cut and pasted this text from
http://reocities.com/athens/oracle/3545/gould.html

"On Gould's gravestone (a small plaque actually), there is appropriately
etched the first bars of Bach's Goldberg Variations. It was his signature
piece, the recording which made him famous in 1955."

I have also read in different books/articles that the first few bars of the
Goldberg are etched on his grave marker. So, I think we can safely say that
 that is indeed the case. I lived in Buffalo my entire life, a mere 90 miles
from Toronto, and never went to see GG's grave. Now I have moved to
California... I'll probably fly 3,000 miles to see it someday!

Cheers,
Anne