[f_minor] Bravo Fortissimo Howler

michael macelletti mmacelletti at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 30 10:20:44 EDT 2010

fred, you're absolutely right. the brahms speeds seem quite normal nowadays.  maybe back then they were not considered so. , although i don't remember it.  i mean. the serkin was out then and he's not that much faster, just a little more pompous.  gould does have a way , though,  of breathing new life into worn-out chestnuts.        too bad about toronto. nice city.