Re: [F_minor] September 25th

My point was: in equal temperament (on piano, et al) that page of the F# minor toccata DOES sound aimless and pointless, and Gould did something arguably good by pruning it out...because he was playing it on piano. It was a musically effective choice to make that cut. But, on harpsichord/clavichord/organ where the temperament is right for the music (i.e. correctly unequal with the right pattern), that page sounds wonderfully rich, and to omit it would be a bad move.

Brad Lehman

Anne French wrote:
Brad, that is priceless! This is a must for the logo imho.