Re: GG Mozart (and also Scriabin)

Regarding Glenn Gould and Mozart, I would certainly recommend his disk of the 24th piano concerto coupled with a Mozart piano sonata (K. 330 I believe) and a fine Haydn sonata.  I understand Gould was taken to task for adding some of his own parts for the left hand, but I cannot see any reason to complain.  It's my favorite performance of the piece and, for those who complain about Gould's idiosyncratic playing, I can't find anything here to complain about on that score.  The cadenza at the conclusion of the first movement is amazing.

One more recommendation which I haven't seen mention of is his recording of Scriabin's 3rd piano concerto.  It is beautiful, and I though I have only heard a few other versions to compare it with (including one by Sofronitsky), Gould's is my benchmark, unsurpassed by anyone I have heard.   Dorian