Sister Wendy's back!

The first episode of Sister Wendy (Beckett)'s survey of American art museums, "Sister Wendy in America," has begun to air here in the USA, and it sure is swell. Please everyone, dust off your old wooden steam-powered televisions and take this wonderful visual voyage with this very sensitive, brilliant woman. But I think she would want you to look past her at these fantastic paintings, sculptures, lacquered sake jugs, and the wonderful stories behind them. In her first programs a few years ago, she introduced me to the strange paintings of Stanley Spencer and his strange, unhappy life, for which I'm very grateful.

Bob / Elmer