"Verbivores"

Bonsoir F minor,

Jim asked for a silly word to name the period from 1750 to 1756 which he
talked about as "those six Mozartless and Bachless years, the lost years". I
thought to call it " the latency period" = in the growth of an human being
there is such a period after the oceanic / awe-struck love of infancy and
before the disruptive turbulences of adolescence.
Jim speaks of "a symbolic fall from Eden to the Earth" which is another way
to say it.
To bring this wording does not go very far, I agree, it just softens the
idea that there had been "lost years" = "latency" means that nothing is lost
but what will come out cannot be expected, a transformation takes place.
In fact Mozart could reach heaven and behave in a childish human way... it
seems to me that Glenn Gould could do it to.
                              Best,
                           Jacqueline