GG and curiosity

At 08:13 AM 10/2/2000 -0400, Bob Elmer Elevator wrote:
I think it's somewhat artificial and synthetic to corral our thoughts into
areas
we declare to be proper GG threads; I think it's counter to GG's spirit of
curiosity. I guess I'm sort of wondering how he'd feel if he were a lurker on
this list. I wouldn't want to make him think he couldn't get a good
conversation
about anything that pops up here, or that we were setting limits on curiosity.

Here's a new angle. What if GG had taken up the game of bridge? The game requires partnership cooperation and communication, quick creative thinking within systematic guidelines, and improvisatory reactions to unforeseen situations...like playing chamber music. There are always refinements and new levels of depth into the game as one continues to learn. Would GG have done well at it?

Concert pianist Leonard Pennario is good at bridge.  Bill Gates is getting
into it as a player....

Bradley Lehman, Dayton VA
Home page: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl
Musical samples and CD's: http://www.mp3.com/bpl

"Music must cause fire to flare up from the spirit - and not only sparks
from the clavier...." - Alfred Cortot