Re: GG in Brandenburg 5

Anyone ever hear the Adolf Busch Chamber Players version?  This was the
first complete version of the Brandenburgs, made in the mid-thirties, and
Serkin played the piano for it.  It's one of my favorite recordings; that
little chamber orchestra had a gorgeous sound to it and really seemed to
epitomize ensemble playing.  It's probably almost the anti-Marlboro in
style, though I love that set as well (it's my other favorite).

The set I've never heard that I want to hear is Benjamin Britten's.  I've
heard it's among the best of the century.  Any opinions?

Michael Brenner
124 Raymond Ave.
Box 2334
Poughkeepsie, NY  12604