Re: GG Edition "First authorized release"

>Unfortunately, having run the competitors out of town, Sony hasn't brought
>much of the essential apocryphal material back to the catalog: the Brahms 1
>with Baltimore/Adler, the Brandenburg 5, various other Bach concertos, the

Has anybody ever heard the Brandenburg 5? Brad, have you and can you
describe it? R. Serkin's Marlboro version -- the only one I have heard
on piano-- is a desert island disk for me. I've wanted for years to
hear Gould's but have never seen a copy.

Not to offend the purists (not that I'd guess there are many HIPsters
on this list) but after you've heard the harpichord cadenza on a
piano, you can never go back.

-jacob