Re: GG: Book Called "Glenn Gould Piano Solo"

At 23.27 09/02/00 -0500, Anne M. Marble wrote:
>Anybody heard of a book called "Glenn Gould Piano Solo" by Michel
>Schneider?
>
>Is it a biography? Essays? Discography? The world's shortest cookbook?
>
>Also, does anybody know web sites for used bookstores in Canada? Especially
>Ontario and Quebec? (Shhh, I'm hunting out of pwint books.)

This book is a little psycological portrait of GG. The author is a renowned
French psycologist, very interested in music and a pianist himself
(although not a concert pianist). The book is divided (as many other things
about GG) in 32 little chapters, named, of course, Aria, I variation, II
variation and so on...
It was translated in Italian few years ago, and is one of the fewest books
available here in Italy about GG. It's a good book, with a very personal
approach on Gould's thinking about life and music.
Dott. Raffaele Volante
Ricercatore in Storia del diritto italiano
Università degli Studi di Ferrara
Dipartimento di Scienze Giuridiche
Corso Ercole I d'Este, 37
44100   Ferrara