Re: Beethoven

Is the WTC that Gould used as background music in Fahrenheit 451 from his recording of the full WTC?   (I don't think so.)  If not, is the sound track available on CD?  Also, I wonder if anyone ever put together an "alternative" WTC by Gould, a selection of all the P & F not recorded for the package (I think it was for Columbia) that's now generally available?

One last query/rhetorical qustion: is there a better interpretation to be found anywhere of Beeth. PC 1 than Gould's with Golshman?  (Answer: NO, no one has ever recorded a more compelling version of that concerto; and Gould also gives us a 2nd and a 4th that is at the top of the heap!)

J Grant, Toronto