Re: RE: Beethoven

In a message dated 12/20/99 03:44:51 PM, baldwin@baermarks.com writes:

<<  and some (such as the Hammerklavier and Opus 14,

No.2 Sonatas, the Eroica variations, and the Bagatelles) are among his best

recordings. >>

As I have no formal training in music (but great appreciation!) could you
elaborate a bit on what makes these some of this best recordings (in contrast
to the unlistenable sonatas you mention).

My Bagatelles and Eroica CD is almost as "worn out" as the Concertos, so I am
in no way challenging this statement.  Simply searching for a further level
of appreciation.