Re: GG: Prelude and Fugue on the name B-A-C-H (BWV 898)

Brian A. Eisemann wrote:

>         So, I was wondering if any of you Gouldians out there in internet-land
> have a copy of this music, possibly another recording, or any
> information whatsoever about this piece.  There is nothing in the liner
> notes about it, one of the very sources I found on the internet said
> that the fact that JS Bach even wrote it is in dispute, and the
> Schweitzer biography of Bach has nothing about it.

Hi, Brian:

Welcome to the List.  The edition I have is:

Kalmus 3106:   J.S. Bach, Various Works for Solo Piano

The piece starts on p. 75.  There are some notes under the title, but they're in
German, so I'm afraid I can't help out there.  I'd be happy to put these up on the
List, if anyone could help with the translation.  The piece has a little prelude
that segues right into the fugue.  This prelude is not included in the GG video
performance.  Hope this helps.

jh