RE: GG

I have heard a number of Schiff's Bach recordings and have always found
them very impressive.  They are quite different from Mr. Gould, that is
for sure.

But I would have to agree that when it comes to Bach Mr. Gould is, IMHO,
the leading authority.  I am particularly intrigued how anyone can
criticize the English suites which I consider to be not only definitive
recordings but indeed one of the most inspired musical undertakings
ever.  "Genius" is probably an overused word when it comes to Mr. Gould
but for me it is the only word that adequately describes those
recordings.

I have heard somewhat more criticism of Mr. Gould's French suites but I
have great difficulty finding fault with those either.

Mark