GG

I note that Andras Schiff's WTC recordings are recommended (by Penguin I
think).  I also have read from similar sources that GG's recordings of
the English Suites were disastrously misconceived.

Would anyone agree with me when I say that I can find few redeeming
features in what I have heard of any of Mr Schiff's playing, especially
Bach, and to hold his recordings of Bach before those of GG to be
bordering upon the absurd.

Please understand that I am not trying to bad mouth Schiff, nor am I
trying to say that all GG did was good, and that all that other people
do (when an alternative viewpoint is represented) is bad.  I would just
be interested to know whether others share my viewpoint about such
things.

I would also be interested to hear other peoples opinions upon areas in
which they are unhappy with GG's interpretations.  Do they feel his
actions in these area's to be 'justified'?