Re: Not in Time

G'day Miners,

Leslie Jones said...

>Wow!
>
>Does anyone really care about Time's list?
>
>Why?
>
>Bernstein? Why?
>
>Don't tell me why, I don't care.
>
>LJ

...and I agree.

Call me touchy, but all of the _Time_ stuff and much of the reaction from
the list seem to have been about North Americans and quasi-Americans (eg,
Stravinsky and Stokowski), which makes _Time_ appear to be little more
than a parish magazine. Is the rest of the world *still* non-existent as
far as mainstream America is concerned? I thought the advent of the
global village had changed all that. Anyway, Gould doesn't belong in any
list. He was unique. Grumpily,

Tim
<tpconway@ozemail.com.au>