RE: GGs of today

Bradley,

Thanks for your comments. All tips are appreciated.

- I like Ivo's Chopins, but need to check out the records you suggested as
well. I heard he messed up a hotel room a month ago in New York.
- I incidentally have one recording with Partmentier - a harpsichord sampler
record with several artists. You are right, he has a very distinct touch. I
guess you have heard GG's Haendel harpsichord sonatas - weird but
interesting to listen to once in a while.
- What is your view on Lars Vogt's Beethoven? Less hammering than Gilels,
and more interesting than Aszkenazy one can assume... Brendel is one of my
favorites.
- We have the same director favorite for architectural clarity. His b mass
is awesome, as are most of his Beethoven symphonies. Big man.

If you like 'elastic' piano performances, Leif Ove Andsnes (mainly Grieg and
Schumann) is one rising star to check out. Peter Jablonski is good for
Tchaikovsky, but he has a bit to go still (interesting young man, started
out as a  jazz drummer - he is from my home town).

Best regards,

/Bengt