RE: David Cope/EMI (Was:Mozart's 42nd - yeah, right)

At 14:44 26/05/98 -0700, you wrote:
>.  I have David
>Cope's latest CD, "Classical Music Composed By Computer," and find at least
>parts of it to be engaging.  His Sonata "after Beethoven" combining
>elements of the Moonlight sonata with Bach harmonies was actually quite
>affecting.  Maybe he has taken the concept a little bit too far, but it is
>at least interesting.  One of the stranger pieces combines Mozart with
>Balinese gamelan.  The performances on the CD, btw, are by live performers,
>so maybe their "human" input helped.

I forgot to say before that the worst part of the first Cope CD was that
everything was being performed by computer, and that the piano was
horrible:->  Human perfomers make soooooo much difference....
* Bruce Petherick                                               *
* b.petherick@vc.unimelb.edu.au                   *
*il n'y a pas de hors-text                                      *
* Bringing Musicology to the masses                   *
* Harry Conick Jr is the Hanson of the Jazz world *