Re: GG fussy about food?Re: GG: Mistakes on Well Tempered Clavier ???!!!

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Orlando Fiol wrote:

> At 03:07 PM 5/6/98 , Tvine wrote:
> >From all indications he was as fussy in the studio as he was about food.
>
> What did Gould like to eat? How did he like his food cooked, etc?  Was he
> really fussy about freshness or seasoning?  I just couldn't resist.

Well.....GG was apparently largely *uninterested* in food.  He seems to
have liked scrambled eggs and Arrowroot cookies quite a bit (see this
thread in the archives!) but beyond that, he didn't really seem to care
much at all about food.  In the early days, he was often photographed with
bottles of "Poland Water".  I can't imagine why one would want to drink
bottled water from Poland when spring water from artesian wells was widely
available in southern Ontario, but...

With regard to *seasoning*, both scrambled eggs and Arrowroots are pretty
darned *bland*, although tasty in their own buttery way.

jh