Re: Jeno Jando -Haydn

>Hi:  Could you help me?  In Search,  what does '&gt" mean?  What does the
>percentage figure indicate at the start of Search information?  Is there a
>Volume 7 of the Haydn Sonatas performed by Jeno Jando?  Does it include
>HOB.XVI: 20, 33, 43, 45, and 47?  Thanks, Pauline Kane (PLAROMKANE@
>aol.com.)

I couldn't find vol. 7 anywhere on the www.
But since I didn't see 20, 33, 43, 45, or 47 in the other volumes I assume
they will be recorded eventually.

I have vol 2 and 3. Fine interpretations (safe and enduring(?) compared to
GG?).

I had forgotten what gems these are, I just played through no. 45 in Eflat
written in 1766(?) and 47 (from 1762-72) in e minor with its dramatic
opening adagio.  I had to remind myself that Mozart was only ten years old,
so Papa Haydn wasn't unconsciously reflecting a Mozartian air or tone in
these sonatas.  It makes me wonder how much Haydn that Mozart could have
heard considering how Hadynesque his early piano sonatas sound, which were
composed only six or eight years later.

Many thanks for bringing this up,
Jerry