Re: GG: Mistakes on Well Tempered Clavier ???!!!

At 8:02 PM -0400 5/6/98, Edsma4933 wrote:
>Hi folks, esp. Kristin and Alun and Junichi, this is Melissa Stewart from SUNY
>Buffalo back on the list with a different address that has little to do with
>me (except I am Ed's ma).

Overcoming my unparalleled hatred for being threaded on the web, I grit my
teeth for a moment just to post an exuberant Howdy to Melissa.  How the
hellareya?!?  'Been a long time since I've seen you around, and it's so
nice to have you back.

As long as I'm here, I may as well announce that for those in the Atlanta
area, the Goethe Institut of Atlanta will be screening Bruno's "GG on Bach"
series as well as "GG in Conversation With Humphrey Burton: Bach" on May 11
& 12 (it's a two-night affair) at 7pm. This is a rare chance to see GG on
the big screen, and I believe it's the Atlanta premiere of these pieces.
Tickets are so cheap as to be not worth mentioning.  (T. Servo of #G_G
fame, I know you're reading this and I expect to see you there... hee hee.)

And now, back to my lurking.
Kristen

PS: One more thing, with regards to that conversation we had no too long
ago about which GG piece was actually played the fastest, I encourage all
those who have not yet purchased the CBC Beethoven disc (PSCD2013) of the
Bagatelles, Sonatas & Trios to run down to Tower and do so at once. The
tempi on the bagatelles are so ridiculously mind-bendingly fast, I think I
can actually hear Gould's cardiologist crying in the background. I mean, I
thought the eventual CBS versions were speedy, and then I was nearly shot
out of my chair listening to the CBC disc. Trust me folks, these bagatelles
are what the more culturally slanged would call "Stoopid fast."

"...so much of what  has been written about Gould has been such
psychobabble that I don't always recognize the person I knew.
The only way that a new generation can really become acquainted
with Glenn is to watch him, listen to him, think things through with him."
				        --Susan Koscis