Re: GG: Mistakes on Well Tempered Clavier ???!!!

            Where could I find this? I was looking for it in the
            WWW-Gould-Page and I was unable to find it.

Do you mean the book or the quote?

I thought the book was still in print, but if not, I'm sure it's around
in used bookstores -- my online favorites are www.abebooks.com,
www.interloc.com, and www.powells.com.  amazon.com and books.com also do
do used searches, but they're generally more expensive.

If you mean the quote, sorry, I don't remember specifically where I saw
it any more.  It was in several places, in fact, I think.  Perhaps
another f_minor can be more specific.  Sorry.

Another person asked me:

    Honestly, do you think that was a mistake in the "unintentional
    oversight/finger went to the wrong place" category, or was GG being
    subversive and hoping that somebody would notice it?  GG was iffy
    about some things in the WTK, and we all know from his Mozart that
    GG was not above "revising" a few dots on paper here and there.

The quote I remember definitely implied it was a finger slip, i.e., an
actual mistake, not caught by Kazdin or anyone else ... (out of
approximately eleventy-bazillion recorded notes, it would be
statistically shocking if at least one of them was not wrong :-)

In general, my impression is that GG very rarely actually plays
different notes than the composer wrote.  Am I wrong?  Of course he
feels free to modify just about anything else -- tempo, dynamics, etc.
Even in his recording of Jacques Hetu's piece dissected by the composer
in GlennGould a few issues ago, I think he played all the notes that
were written, more or less in the same order :-).