GG: LC 1998 Music Calendar

For those of you who collect such things, the Library of Congress 1998
Classical Music calendar, featuring Gould for July, is available at $6.95
from Daedalus Books.  I ordered my copy online at http://www.daedalus.com.
I forget who it was that first mentioned this calendar on the list, but
thanks for telling us about it.

Even if you order only that one item, the total with shipping (4.95) would
still be less than the published price of $12.95.  I also ordered the
Vinland Map book (Yale) which is a very nicely produced book, if you love
old maps.

Anyway, the photo of Gould is one I don't recall seeing before -- a 1951
photo from the Bernstein collection.  The photo is inscribed by Gould "For
Felicia and Lennie, with love and best wishes."

Eberhard Buehler
817 Old Mill Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 942-3331