GG: Sherman Clay

A question for the Japanese translation of the GG Letters.

The one to Winston Fitzgerald
dated February 17, 1960 (GGL, pp.29-30):

GG wanted to use a Stainway, "No.122" for the
next concert in Los Angeles.

". . . Your might in any case, as a safety measure,
remind Sherman Clay in San Francisco that I
reserved No.122(?) for the Los Angeles recital
on March 23.  In all probability I will not cancel
all the concerts at once, probably the first two weeks
of the month and then I see what happens so that
Sherman Clay should still continue to hold the
reservation for me. . .  ."

I found Sherman Clay still exists in San Francisco.
I found its site:
http://www.citysearch7.com/E/V/SFOCA/0000/00/28/1.html

According to the site, "Sherman Clay is the oldest and largest
piano dealership in the West."  Is it true?  No exaggeration?
Was it the case in 1960 too?
May I mention it as it is in the footnotes?

Regards,

Junichi

  Junichi Miyazawa, Tokyo
  walkingtune@bigfoot.com / junichi@poetic.com