GG: Harvey Olnick

Further research for the Letter translation project.

(As for the Winnipeg SO, I tried sending an e-mail
to Frederick Liessens; so far, no reply.  Thank you.)

In the GG letter to Thomas McIntosh dated Jan 21, 1957
(a famous letter entitled "Gould's Clinic for Psycho
-Pseumatic Therapy"), GG mentions Professor Harvy Olnick,
"c/o Royal Conservatory.

I consulted the *Encyclopedia of Music in Canada*
(Second edition, 1992), I found he is a musicologist
and teacher born in New York in 1917.
He taught 1954-83 at the University of Toronto and
"is regarded as the founder of serious musicological teaching
in Canada."  However, the encyclopedia does not mention
he taught at the Toronto Conservatory.

Does anyone know when he taught at the Toronto Conservatory?
Is Prof. Olnick well?  Where is he now?  Any more comments
on him?  I would like to make an entry of him for the footnotes.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Junichi

P.S.  Does anyone know about the addressee Thomas McIntosh?
The footnotes of the English edition mentions only that he is
a pianist.  When was he born?  Is he alive?  Any more info?

  Junichi Miyazawa, Tokyo
  walkingtune@bigfoot.com / junichi@poetic.com
  http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/3739