Wish List (late)

Tuning in late to this thread, I apologize in advance if my "wish" has
already been covered, but . . . .

I deeply wish GG had recorded the Shostokovich 24 Preludes and Fugues. They
are such beautiful music. I have two complete recordings and one partial.
GG didn't seem to think much of Shostokovich's music on the whole, but as I
recall, he was given a copy of the preludes and fugues on his trip to
Moscow. Too bad he never recorded them! Surely he played them? But then if
he played them, how could he not have loved them??

The piano quintet seems to be all the Shostokovich he recorded, right?

James

James Rhem
213 Potter Street
Madison, WI  53715-2050