GG: re Fitzwilliam V Book

----------
> From: Matthew White <mdwhite@arches.uga.edu>
> Date: Wednesday, 01 April, 1998 8:08 PM
>
> Speaking of the Fitzwilliam Virginal Book, does anyone know of a good
> recording of selections from it?. . .

I have an old Vox Box record of Joseph Payne playing selections
from the FWV book on harpsichord and organ.  I think its fantastic,
the sound quality is good.  It appears to have been re-released
on CD,

Joseph Payne: "Fitzwilliam Virginal Book" (organ and harpsichord)
Vox Box Re-release, CDX 5085 2 CDs
Barry Turley: Bach, Selby, Reger, Pinkham and Widor
Gothic G49040

For more info, including ordering info, check out
http://www.tneorg.com/cbfisk/disc.html

Payne is a bit of a heavy-metal harpsichordist, so if you
are really a clavichord afficionado this may be aesthetic
anathema to you, however.

Gary W. Thorburn
thorburn@aics.net