Re: GG: Wish list

    One wishes that there could have been lecture/performance tapes of
    the Inventions & Sinfonias, Partitas, WTC 1 & 2, etc.

Indeed.  I read somewhere that the original idea for the series was to
have one show for each of the major groups of Bach's keyboard works,
but it got whittled down due to $, as usual.

    >     Would anyone care to recommend the tape which has mostly GG  playing
    >Bach.

Besides the Goldberg tape, there are two others at the end of the
series, A Question of Instrument and an Art of the Fugue, where the
music is all Bach (there's talking, too).

One of the earlier tapes (#3, maybe) has him playing a cantata and
Brandenburg.  I can look up the exact ref if need be.

I agree that it's strange (and unfortunate) that the vast majority of
the excerpted video was from 20th century and Beethoven -- and even with
Bach, Bruno M. chose to include the pieces GG played on the harpsichord!
Oh well.

A while ago I wrote to Stephen Posen and the CBC asking for permission
to have the NLC make copies of some earlier TV programs that had some
otherwise-unavailable Bach.  Posen said (nicely)
I'll-get-back-to-you-later, no response at all from the CBC.  Sigh.