Re: GG: Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra

    or the fax number of the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra?

Searching for winnipeg symphony orchestra at www.yahoo.com turns up
http://www.dev.aroundmanitoba.com/wso/
(an image-only + frames site, yuck)
but I couldn't find any contact info!  Bad.

But, yahoo also turned up the percussionist with the wso,
Frederick Liessens:
info@FredLiessens.mb.ca
100 Winslow Drive, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R2M 4M9
Phone: (204) 253-8607
http://www.FredLiessens.mb.ca/

so I guess you could contact him.

    GG also heard "the Fifth" performed.  It must be
    a symphony, so I am eager to know the composer.

My guess would be Beethoven, that being the most famous Fifth Symphony
by far, I think.

    there is a line: "WH: bas".
    I don't know the custom of English business letter, but
    does "WH" stand for Walter Homburger and "bas"
    for the name of his secretary?

Well, `bas' would be whoever typed it, so yes, probably his secretary,
but don't know for sure.

    Was the letter dictated at the office of Homburger?

No way of knowing, but it would seem probable.