Re: Sony GG Tapes

Oops, sorry, that should have been videotape no. XIII (13) in the series ...

>>Have a look at Sony videotape no. XII: The Goldberg Variations ... it
>>consists of Gould playing the 1981 Goldbergs from start to finish.
>>Apparently it was filmed at the same time that the recording was made.
>>Bruno Monsaingeon directs it.
>

>Thankyou, Katherine - and good luck with your project.
>
>>As for the "character" stuff ... don't you think his sense of humour and
>>his way of expressing it were part of what made Gould such a unique figure?
>
>Most definitely - I just think that a lot of that stuff is a bit clumsy and
>embarrassing.  His genius was in playing and interpretation - the rest is a
>bit like watching Ronald Reagan play golf or listening to the Spice girls
>talk aboit politics.....do yo know what I mean - I know that his parodies
>were intended to attack the establishment and certain philosophical and
>physical stereotypes.  I just feel that I could watch or listen to him play
>until the tape/CD wears out., but would only watch the parodies once.
>>>     Would anyone care to recommend the tape which has mostly GG  playing
>>>Bach.  The HMV shop in Sydney couldn't supply me with a catalogue  and the
>>>half dozen or so tapes they had appeared to consist bits and pieces of
>>>playing mixed up with such abominations as the GG "character"  stuff.  How
>>>many in the series? Is there one which shows him playing the  complete
>>>Goldbergs or more than a few of the Inventions - or are they mainly  talk
>>>and Schonberg?   Michael Lacey, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
>>>Mike.Lacey@Bigpond.com

	k a t h e r i n e   l e e    m u l t i m e d i a   p r o d u c e r

   	 DNA Productions Inc.   Tel: (604) 730-0306, ext. 103
     230-1737 West 3rd Avenue    Fax: (604) 732-7331
	          Vancouver, BC    Email: katherine@dna.bc.ca
	        V6J 1K7 Canada    http://www.dna.bc.ca