Re: GG: Wish list

Greetings all:

This may sound "off the wall" (no pun intended . . .) but I'd would have
liked to hear Gould play some of the pieces and composers he detested as
well as other pieces by composers he tolerated better: Liszt: Sonneto
del Petrarch No. 104, Stravinsky: Three Dances from Petrouschka, Bartok:
Allegro Barbaro, Prokofiev: Piano Concerto No. 3, Shostakovich: Preludes
and Fugues.

Anyway,  I recently purchased a copy of a video tape in the Glenn Gould
Series of Video Tapes on Sony and the one I have is entitled "Question
of Instrument" and in it he plays the Chromatic Fantasy, which he
doesn't like.  Did he ever play the fugue which accompanies that?  Just
curious.  All the best.

Daniel Vaiser