My First Time......:)

The first time I heard GG was on an old record my mother used to play of
Bach's "Piano" Concerto No1 in D Minor. I am haunted to this day by what
GG communicated to me on this performance.
I have searched for years (pre-Internet) for a version of this
recording. My main problem in not having the original in my possesion is
that I can't be sure which version it was. I think it was on CBS, maybe
with Bernstein(?), and I assume it was in mono.

This recording has coloured my appreciation/enjoyement of all subsequent
recordings I have heard and it is my task this year to track down that
particular performance and to secure a copy so that I may be
instrumental in spoiling my children's appreciation for anything but the
real deal ..!!

Many thanks,

Nick Andrews

Bondi Beach