Re: GG on Voyager

At 10:22 AM 16/02/98 -0500, Bradley P Lehman wrote:

>Have any of you seen the CD-ROM which this site says was issued as a copy
>of the Voyager record?

"Murmurs of Earth" was the CD-ROM issued by Warner New Media in 1992. It
contained a commemorative book and 2 disc audio/CD-ROM set which has the
contents of the Votager Disc. You'd have to be very lucky to find a copy
today.

Glenn Gould's contribution was on disc 2 (Well Tempered Clavier, Book 2,
Prelude and Fugue in C, No 1).

Beethoven's Fifth was indeed by Otto Klemperer.

Would you believe that we used to distribute the disc here in Australia,
but all I have is the booklet, the CD box and insert. Someone somewhere
borrowed the discs and did not return them. Ah well...

Marius