GG: his music

23 Jan 98, raining heavily, Friday, NYC, time: 9:30pm

Hi,
I am new to F-minore.
I discovered GG in '91 and he changed the way I listen to music, not
just Bach.

His music is mesmerizing to many people, but when I ask them what keeps
them listening to GG they cannot give me a clear answer.
I know he had an amazing ability to play polyphonic music, that he had
an inner rhythm which was very much alive when he played, but perhaps
this is not all.

Playing piano and music itself was a very personal thing to GG, and I
feel that his relationship to music was quite intimate.  When I listen
to him, I also feel very personal* to his music, and maybe there is no
need to "discuss" about his art with other people.

Nonetheless I would be interested to hear other people's personal
reaction to his music.

*to be analyzed further

ayako